Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Robot Theatre

Hello, and welcome. I've never done this whole blog thing before, so forgive me if I'm terrible at it-- a likely probability!

In any case, I created this space to document the processes behind my work, if not for anyone but myself. In fact, if no one ever visited this site, it would make little difference-- I merely want to keep a record of my work that I can one day look back on. In the extremely unlikely chance that someone other than myself is reading this, please enjoy! I hope my work can inspire you, or, at the very least, entertain you.

----

I'm currently starting up work on my Animation II "Robot Theatre" project. I'm excited for the piece, although (as with all things) I wish I had a longer timeline to work on it-- four weeks is a bit tight :/


This is 0014 (or whatever his name will eventually be). It's a basic concept sketch that was born from a few ideas and inspirations thrown together. There are a multitude of pages filled with various potential robot designs, but I would rather not bore you with all of them. I might proceed with more concept art (a phase I love to toy around with), but with the timeline of our project being so narrow, I'd rather spend that time modeling, texturing and animating.

I'm also busy with various other class projects and out-of-class projects. I'll be updating in the near future about some of those, and also about our recently completed midterm project, which turned out great (I worked with Nate Shaw and Kev Gross). When various sound design work and a few reworked shots are completed, it'll be posted on the web for all to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment